BH Press Release February 1 2005
Date: Thursday, January 27 @ 20:20:51 MST
Topic: Black Habits Articles
BH Black Habits
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 1, 2005
NEW INTERACTIVE COMMUNITY WEBSITE LAUNCHES FOR
BLACK HISTORY MONTH 2005
The Black Habits (BH) new interactive community website at www.blackhabits.com is launching on February 1, 2005 in honour of Black History Month. The site serves as the central source of positive communications for the black community, not only for Black History Month, but all year long.
The website is the place to go to find out what’s happening, and find out what people are saying in the community. There is anywhere from 1 to a dozen events listed every single day for Black History Month. The content is posted instantly, free of charge, by the community, so the information is actually ‘The Voice Of The Community’.
“The vision for a new interactive BH website was conceived out of the desire to provide the community with a virtual community centre open 24 hours a day. You’re not just hearing what a few have to share, but what many have to share, and that’s powerful,” says Bentley Springer, one of the founders of BH. BH promises to deliver positive voices reflecting the diversity of the black community, from theatre, dance, concerts and club events to products and services, resources, news, thoughts and opinions. This greater visibility not only benefits the black community, but also the whole diversity of the Greater Toronto Area.
Black Habits (BH) launches online on February 1, 2005 in honour of Black History Month.
For more information, contact BH
BH WEBSITE FEATURES:
EVENTS: Listings of theatre, live performance, club events, significant black history dates, and more.
CLASSIFIEDS: Products, services, job postings and more.
GALLERY: Pictures from past BH Workshops, Lymes and other events.
FORUM: Discussions in the ‘BH Lounge’ on subjects from community opinions to relationships.
COMMUNITY RESOURCES: Organizations and other resources that the community finds helpful.
REVIEWS: Movie & book reviews from the community’s perspective.
NEWS: The latest community news.
SURVEY: Results from BH online surveys.
BH eNEWSLETTER: The ability to sign up for the eNewsletter and win free tickets and promotions.
WHO IS BLACK HABITS (BH):
BH is The Voice Of The Community. BH’s mission is to be the central source of positive communications for the black community. BH has been operating since 1998 in the Greater Toronto Area and surrounding region and launched their first website in 2000.
The BH Team is comprised of Bentley Springer: President, Patrick Morris: VP Operations, and Ricardo Young: VP Business Solutions..
You can find more information at www.blackhabits.com by clicking on ‘About Us’..
WHAT DOES BLACK HABITS DO:
* BH facilitates free bi-monthly workshops at Toronto City Hall focusing on a different topic with a different guest speaker, often from the community. Topics range from business, personal finance, and careers to how to love a black woman/man.
* BH conducts Lymes, which exposes talent such as singers, poets, dancers, comedians, etc. Some previous guests have included Trey Anthony, d’bi young, Dwayne Morgan, Kenny Robinson, Subliminal, and many Our Image visual artists.
* BH Business Solutions provide solutions to small and medium sized businesses through consultation and creating business plans.
* BH produces an eNewsletter for the community containing events that represent the whole community and inspirational. The distribution list has grown to 5,000 on word of mouth only.
* BH manages it’s interactive and informative website, www.blackhabits.com, which acts very much like an online community centre.